This policy describes how Diamond treats your information, not how other organizations treat your information. If you are using Diamond in a workplace or on a device or account issued to you by your employer or another organization, that company or organization likely has its own policies regarding storage, access, modification, deletion, and retention of communications and content which may apply to your use of Diamond.
Information We Collect And Receive
We collect different kinds of information. Some of it is personally identifiable and some is non-identifying or aggregated. Here are the types of information we collect or receive:
- Account information. When you create an account on Diamond, we collect your email address, and your name. We use your email address as your account name. If you sign up for two-factor authentication over SMS, we also collect your mobile phone number.
- Log data. When you use Diamond, our servers automatically record information, including information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website or information your mobile app sends when you’re using it. This log data may include your Internet Protocol address, the address of the web page you visited before coming to Diamond, your browser type and settings, the date and time of your request, information about your browser configuration and plug-ins, language preferences, and cookie data. Log data does not contain your content and is not routinely deleted.
- Device information. In addition to log data, we may also collect information about the device you’re using Diamond on, including what type of device it is, what operating system you’re using, device settings, unique device identifiers, and crash data. Whether we collect some or all of this information often depends on what type of device you’re using and its settings.
- Your contacts. With your express permission, we may collect the contacts off your phone or computer in order to, among other things, facilitate sharing by providing a more fully featured auto-complete.
- Geo-location information. Precise GPS from mobile devices is collected only with your permission. WiFi and IP addresses received from your browser or device may be used to determine approximate location. We also derive location information from the photos that you take or upload through one of our services.
- Diamond usage information. This is information about which features, content, services, and links you interact with within Diamond.
- Content that you send and receive within Diamond. This includes:
- The content itself. This content can include photographs, videos, music, documents, messages, comments, and various other types of files.
- Previews generated from the content. These are versions of the content at potentially different resolutions, file sizes, or formats.
- When content is sent or shared and by whom, when or if they were seen by you, and where you received them.
- Metadata derived from the content. This may include file name, type, size, creation and modified date, resolution, bitrate, and length.
- Information from partners or other 3rd parties. Diamond may receive information from partners or others that we could use to make our own information better or more useful. This might be aggregate-level information about which IP addresses go with which zip codes or it might be more specific information about how well an online marketing or email campaign performed. We also use third party service providers for crash log analytics.
- Surveys and other research requests. From time to time, Diamond may directly (or through a 3rd party) reach out to you with a survey or other customer research requests. Any data you voluntarily provide to us through these channels will be used by us to improve our services among other things. Any data you voluntarily provide to us through these channels will not be directly linked to your user account or user data. It may be correlated to your account usage data on an anonymous basis.
- Support information. Support issues are accessible by any Diamond employee. We may use a 3rd party to handle support tickets in the future. We won’t access a user’s data without their explicit permission.
- During troubleshooting. We may need to troubleshoot system issues where employees may be exposed to data stored. Access to this data is restricted and logged.
Cookies are small text files sent by us to your computer and from your computer to us, each time you visit our website. They are unique to your Diamond account or your browser. Session-based cookies last only while your browser is open and are automatically deleted when you close your browser. Persistent cookies last until you or your browser deletes them or until they expire.
If you access Diamond through your browser, you can manage your cookie settings there but if you disable all cookies you may not be able to use Diamond.
Use of 3rd party analytics services
In addition to our own services, we use 3rd party services like Google Analytics and Mixpanel who provide website analytics cookies to help us improve the experience we offer you. This may involve transmitting your device id, anonymized analytics identifiers and anonymized event data to these 3rd parties for analysis so that we can better understand your experience with our service. You may opt-out of third party cookies from Google Analytics and Mixpanel on their respective websites. We do not currently recognize or respond to browser-initiated Do Not Track signals as there is no consistent industry standard for compliance.
How We Use Your Information
We use your information for the following:
- Providing the Diamond service. We use information you provide to authenticate you and deliver and share content to you and from you.
- Understanding and improving our products. To make the product better we have to understand how users are using it. We will freely review aggregated and anonymized usage data to learn from our users and improve the product.
- Investigating and preventing bad stuff from happening. We work hard to keep Diamond secure and to prevent abuse and fraud.
- Communicating with you
- Solving your problems and responding to your requests. If you contact us with a problem or question, we will use your information to respond to that request and address your problems or concerns.
- Email messages. We may send you service and administrative emails. We may also contact you to inform you about changes in our services, or our service offerings, or new product features. These messages are considered part of the service and we may not allow you to opt-out of them. In addition, we sometimes send emails to Diamond users about other news about Diamond. You can opt-out of these at any time by unsubscribing from within one of these emails.
- Apple Push Notifications. If you install our apps, we may send you notifications when content is shared with you.
- Short Message Service (SMS). If you enable two-factor authentication over SMS, we will send you SMS messages with two-factor codes.
Diamond does not currently offer options for content export other than by manually downloading the content through the Diamond service. Please contact [email protected] more specific information about what options exist for exporting your content.
Choices For Users
When you use Diamond, you have control over a number of things with respect to your own privacy and choices about how your content is visible to others or not.
- You may always deactivate your account through an email to [email protected]. Deactivation of an account disables your access to the content associated with that account but does not delete your profile or content. Content that you have shared with others will still be accessible by the people with which you have shared it. Please contact [email protected] with any questions.
- You are always able to delete any content you have uploaded to your account. When you do so, access to the content will be removed for you and for any others with which you have shared it. Please note, however, that if someone you share some content with copies that content into their own account, if you later delete that content, that content will still be available to the user that made the copy. Also, please note that, when you delete content, we do not always or immediately overwrite this deleted data on our servers. Consequently, Diamond might still have access to this content in the future. Please see our policies on Sharing and Disclosure below.
- You cannot currently update your profile information or modify your email settings. We are working hard to implement these features
- When you upload a document or a file on Diamond, you can decide where to share it by creating a public link to the file and then sharing the public link externally.
- The browser you use may provide you with the ability to control cookies or other types of local data storage.
- Your mobile device may provide you with choices around how and whether location or other data is shared with us.
Sharing And Disclosure
There are times when communications and related content and other user information may be shared by Diamond. This section discusses only how Diamond may share user information. Diamond may share information:
- To comply with legal process, or to protect Diamond and our users. We may disclose – or preserve for future disclosure – your information, if we believe, after due consideration, that doing so is required to comply with a law, regulation, or valid legal process. If we are going to release your information pursuant to the foregoing, we will do our best to provide you with notice in advance unless we are prohibited by court order from doing so. We reserve the right to delay notice in cases involving the exploitation of minors and when we believe a delay is necessary to prevent imminent and serious bodily harm to a person. We may disclose your information in certain emergency circumstances; we may also disclose your information when we believe it’s necessary to prevent imminent and serious bodily harm to a person; to address fraud, security, or spam; or to protect our rights or property.
- That is aggregated and non-identifiable. We may also share aggregated or non-personally identifiable information with our partners or others for business or research purposes.
Where Information Is Processed
Diamond is based in the United States. Although we welcome users from all over the world, keep in mind that no matter where you live or where you happen to use our services, you consent to the processing and transfer of information in and to the U.S. We may also transfer your information to other countries, either at your direction, or for processing purposes. We want you to know this because the laws of the United States and those of other countries where your information is transferred and/or processed might not be as comprehensive or protective as the laws in the country where you live.
Diamond takes reasonable steps to protect information you provide to us as part of your use of the Diamond service from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access or disclosure. We follow generally accepted standards to protect the personal data submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. All traffic to our website and all communication between our apps and our servers is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL). Emails, SMS, and notifications we send are not encrypted. However, no electronic or email transmission or digital storage mechanism is ever fully secure or error free.
To learn more about current practices and policies regarding security and confidentiality, please see our Security Practices; we keep that document updated as these practices evolve over time.
Diamond is not directed to children under 13. If you learn that a minor child has provided us with personal information without your consent, please contact us.
We may change this policy from time to time, and if we do we’ll post any changes on this page. If you continue to use Diamond after those changes are in effect, you agree to the revised policy. If the changes are material, we may provide more prominent notice or seek your consent to the new policy.
204 E 2nd Ave #342
San Mateo, CA